Mythbusters ended in 2017 and it was the ending of an era. After Mythbusters premiered in 2003, it became probably the most famous shows on the discovery channel. Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman explored many unbelievable and interesting myths. Soon they were united by Tory Belleci, Kari Byron and Grant Imahara who have all become an indispensable part of the show. Although the Mythbusters busted or confirmed several myths, there are some that never made it into the screen.
We bring to you 10 Mythbuster pieces that didn’t make it into the US Television Screens.
1. In the year 2006, the Mythbusters tested the myth that the grain boxes themselves are far healthier compared to the cereal within it. Two groups of mice have given either thing. When the Mythbusters started commenting about it, the mice that eat the cereal box ended up eating each other!
2. Mythbusters was assumed to air an episode on how hackable and trackable RFID chips on credit cards were. Nevertheless, they got bullied from it when credit card providers threatened to boycott their show.
The lawyers made it clear that Discovery Channel should back down from airing this segment and never talk about how hackable these chips are. And being a large corporation that relied on revenues from these advertisers, there was nothing that the channel could do.
3. There was supposed to be a test a truck filled with liquid oxygen spilled on a roadbed has the capability to turn into a bomb. The Mythbusters chose to leave this dangerous one outside as they realized that should they’re going to devote a lot of cash on something which would just explode.
4. The upside-down race car is a myth that a formula one car has so much downforce that it could drive upside down and still hug the road. The Mythbusters have been wanting to do this since the first season, but they never did as the cost for this single myth would exceed the cost of the entire episode.
5. There was another experiment that involved a baseball player and a train. Fundamentally, the player throws the ball in the opposite direction as the train and also in the same rate, then the ball will just drop down right as the velocity will get canceled.