Expensive paintings, just like cars are status symbol for many rich people, some people really understands art and for some people any horrible piece can also be art, people pay millions for just to show off how much rich they are, but in fact they look like ‘fools’
When they waste their money on these paintings.
Here’s a look at 10 of the most absurd paintings which have been sold for millions of dollars.
1. Untitled (Yellow and Blue) painted in 1954 by Mark Rothko was sold recently for USD 46.5 million at a Sotheby’s auction in New York.
2. Concetto spaziale, Attese went for a whopping USD 1.5 million at an auction in London.
3. Blood Red Mirror by Gerhard Richter collected USD 1.1 million
4. Ellsworth Kelly’s Green White was sold for USD 1.6 million.
5. Yet another untitled painting by Mark Rothko was sold for USD 28 million.
6. Blinky Palermo’s untiled piece of art went for USD 1.7 million.
7. Peinture (Le Chien) by the famous Joan Miro garnered USD 2.2 million.
8. White Fire I by Barnett Newman was sold for USD 3.8 million.
9. Untitled by Cy Twombly went for USD 2.3 million
10. Cowboy by Ellsworth Kelly was bought for a whopping USD 1.7 million.